Why do you need Designers Professional Liability Insurance?
Professional designers are increasingly vulnerable to the possibility of a lawsuit as they perform their professional services. Claims can be brought against you for a number of reasons including: advice given to clients on proper décor for a building; changes or modifications in design plans; errors in materials used; improper spatial designs; failure to obtain client’s written consent to design or materials change and more. Whether valid or not, a claim for professional errors or omissions could result in an expensive court action, not to mention the possibility of a large judgment if an award is rendered against you.
Professional Liability coverage is not provided by a Commercial General Liability policy. Commercial General Liability does NOT provide coverage for errors, contract performance disputes or any other Professional Liability issues.
The American Society of Interior Designers endorses the Designers Professional Liability Insurance Plan which has been designed to meet your unique liability needs. Some of the advantages of the ASID Professional Liability Plan include:
- Defense Costs in addition to the limit of liability
- Low $500 Deductible
- Broad Coverage Territory including Canada and Puerto Rico
- Discounted Pricing
- Limits from $300,000 to $10,000,000
- Automatic Spouse, Subsidiary and Independent Contractor Coverage
- Free Risk Management Hotline
- Broader definition of what is covered
Applying for coverage
- You must have Adobe Acrobat to view this application. Click here to download and install.
- Download and print the application.
- Complete and fax back to 301-330-1270 or email to [email protected]
- We will provide you a quotation within 72 hours.
Information is for illustrative purposes only and is not a contract. This information is intended to provide a general overview of products and services described. All coverage not available in all states.